Providing a lifetime home for rescued and abused animals
Here are some things we can always use:
* Water pitchers and mixing bowls — We use these to scoop and carry animal food, and we go through many each year.
* Bandages, gauze, vet wrap, paper towels
* Metal T-posts — These are used for fencing pastures. Old ones can be reused if not set in cement.
* 3-gallon water jugs with handles — We lug water to animals, especially in winter when hoses don't work.
* Tip-proof dog dishes — Turkeys, chickens and rabbits stand on the edge of their food dishes and spill a lot of it. Tip-proof dog dishes solve this.
* Chain-link panels and horse panels — Additional fencing allows us to expand areas for the animals and to take in more.
* Feed, straw, hay — Among the types of bagged feed we can use are those for chickens, rabbits, goats, horses and pigs. For hay, we can use grass or alfalfa.
* Old towels — These are used for cleaning up and for bedding material, especially for sick animals.
* Bird seed — We feed hundreds of wild birds year-round at CockadoodleMoo and seed is always appreciated.
* Cat litter — The rescued cats go through lots of litter.
* Gift cards to local feed or home improvement stores